Far Out Himalaya, Manu Temple Road, Old Manali, Himachal Pradesh 175131, India
Paragliding is the recreational and competitive adventure sport of flying paragliders,using lightweight, free-flying, foot-launched glider aircraft with no rigid primary structure. Paragliding is the closest you can get to the feeling of flying like a bird. The pilot sits in a harness suspended below a fabric wing comprising a large number of interconnected baffled cells. Once in the air, a pilot is able to maintain and even gain altitude using lifting air currents and thermals. If you’re not trained or licensed, you can still go tandem paragliding. Tandem flight can be enjoyed by anyone with minimum 10 years of age weighting 30 kg and maximum 95 kgs respectively with no prior experience necessary. Minors need to be accompanied by an adult.We use a larger canopy designed to carry the weight of two people. Each person has their own harness, and the passenger and instructor are connected together with spreader bars.. The Tandem instructor sits in the back and the passenger sits in front. We organize our equipment and do a simulation before our actual launch. The instructor double checks your buckles and straps, clips you in, and we turn and wait for a nice launch cycle.
The take off site is in Dhobi which is around 20 KM from Kullu and is a smooth drive. The site is new and gradually gaining popularity. Paragliding in Manali is a wonderful way to appreciate the beauty of the valley.
Transportation to and fro.
Tandem Fly with certified & experienced pilot.
All safety gears.
10-15 minutes of High Fly
1. Minimum participation age is 12 years with weighting capacity of 30kg to 90kg respectively.
2. This tour is not recommended for pregnant women, and guests with medical conditions such as heart problems and back pain.
3. We recommend athletic leisure wear or clothes that allow for movement and good footwear shoes
4. The total duration of Paragliding is around 10-20 minutes inclusive of briefing by the instructor, pre-activity preparation.
5. Avoid sarees,skirts,froks and any kind of slipper wear.
6. For those who wear spectacles, it is advisable to wear it with a strap.
7. All participants are required to carry a valid photo ID proof.
8. Paragliding is subject to weather condition as it requires calm and clear weather.
9. Morning and Evening are best time to go for Paragliding.
10. In the event of any unforeseen weather circumstances, the organiser reserves the right to cancel the activity.
11. Camera or video Charges are extra